Mythics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. Mythics, Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, and has designed and agreed to implement an Affirmative Action Program in accordance with Executive Order 11246 and VEVRAA Final Rule. Mythics, Inc. is able to provide alternative methods of application for those who are unable to complete an online form. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange reasonable accommodations.For more information about Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination, please view the “EEO is the Law” Poster here.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Click column header to sort
Mythics is seeking a Senior Database Administrator with a strong background in Oracle database and infrastructure solutions including Oracle DB, SuperCluster, Exalytics, Real Application Cluster (RAC), and other related skills and technologies essential in managing a RDBMS, OLTP and data warehouses.
The Senior DBA shall be responsible for all aspects of database administration including:
- Provides Oracle system administration services
- Providing hardware and software expertise in an enterprise production and development environments to ensure that the systems operate accurately and efficiently in response to user requirements
- Performing database migration, upgrades, patches, tuning, backup and recovery
- Design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases
- Analysis of information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities
- Review of business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds
- Enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions
- Performing threshold forecasting, sizing, capacity planning, data loading and trend analysis
Mythics is seeking a Systems Administrator with specialties in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating system and Solaris operating system. The RHEL/Solaris Admin shall manage all aspects of Linux operations assigned by the Government. The RHEL/Solaris Admin candidate shall possess IT operations management experience with a project similar in size, scope, and complexity to this area.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain responsibility for the daily operations and maintenance of Linux systems to support the installation, optimization, integration, troubleshooting, backup, recovery, modifications, security, and upgrading of IT systems
- Perform day-to-day operations and interface with internal and external clients to support system operations. Contribute to and maintain operations documentation, including configuration data, change requests, installation procedures, knowledge base articles, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), engineering diagrams, and test plan.
Mythics is seeking a Junior Middleware System Administrator who will support the integrity and governance of a system/software solution, including best practices for delivering services. Develop, deploy and support infrastructures, applications, software solutions and technology initiatives from an architectural and operational perspective in conjunction with existing standards and methods of delivery. Support technical escalation of L3/advanced issues for problem resolution. Apply deep knowledge of industry standards and vendor certifications. This resource will be primarily responsible for installing, supporting and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems. In addition, this resource will perform periodic scripting/programming of their particular system, throughout the life of the project. Duties include providing hands-on analysis of issues, issue reporting, and incident management. This position will require and be responsible for the management of, monitoring the performance, utilization of the various server resources, support the analysis as well as correction of all end-user computing and network problems that may be associated with server processing.
The administer will provide key input into technical designs for a variety of projects. Responsible for the implementation of all changes to Middleware components, from request for change or project initiation through to deployment and review, to supporting the continued availability, effectiveness and risk compliance of the infrastructure. They will take responsibility for completing tasks, focusing on requirements, and meeting client needs.
Key duties include:
• Reporting to leadership on the Middleware team activities
• Implementing complex changes to the infrastructure
• Building and creating products and services
• Supporting solutions that meet the requirements
• Preparing documentation that explains the technical solution clearly
• Maintaining or enhancing systems infrastructure components and services to ensure that infrastructure is in vendor supported and standards compliant state
• Building technical expertise
• Responding to incidents according to the government approved Incident Response Plan
• Providing 24x7x365 integration support for all Middleware components (including networking) and OIT supported applications interfaces, including but not limited to MQ/Data Power support products (commercial-off-the-shelf and proprietary)
Mythics is looking for an ambitious Program Manager to join our team and manage a large Systems Integration program and BPA for an important government client. The ideal candidate will have a PMP certification, and experience managing a large-scale program focused on Agile systems encompassing Infrastructure operations, Systems development and Software operations and maintenance. A successful proven track record of executing and growing a program is a must. More importantly, the right candidates will be ready for the next step in their career and show how their skills can succeed in the marketplace. The work will also involve developing excellent client relationships and looking for opportunities to expand Mythics' business. Must be full time onsite in New Orleans, LA.
Contract and Task Order Management
- Work closely with the COR and the CO to provide effective management of an integrated team of consultants and subcontractors in support of the customers mission
- Oversight of all contracted staff, services, deliverables and project schedules with adherence to contract terms and conditions
- Delivery of weekly and monthly contract status reports and briefing customer leadership on risks, issues, opportunities, schedule and budget
- Must be onsite with customer during normal duty hours to meet with Government personnel (designated by the CO) to address program tasks and issues
- Build and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with the COR, CO, Government Task Managers and Subcontractors
- Effective Staff Management to ensure the right team is in place to meet customer and project goals and maximize revenue and service delivery
- Proactively manage the contract and subcontracts to ensure all deliverables, terms and conditions are met and that task orders and modifications are requested and obtained in a timely manner
Program Management & Leadership
- Provide effective leadership to motivate and empower multiple teams to deliver and delight the customer
- Accountable for day-to-day operations to ensure the delivery of quality and cost-efficient services to the customer
- Develop and maintain program management plan, schedules, service level objectives and processes to meet customer objectives
- Oversee/manage enhancement projects. Assure scope and requirements are monitored and controlled throughout the project’s lifecycle
- Provide timely decision making, issue escalation and problem solving
- Oversee Infrastructure and Software system operations with an ITIL based asset management, configuration and change management, service desk incident and problem management, patch management, and release management process
- Oversee the delivery of full lifecycle activities to include system planning, requirements, design, build, test, release, configuration and change management, continuous monitoring and security assessment and authorization
Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Provide effective stakeholder management, ensuring coordination and interfaces with relevant Government and Contractor support teams
- Provide effective and proactive communication and coordination with other IT contractor(s) to ensure clear performance accountability and successful mission accomplishment
- Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to clients and team members
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Build a knowledge base of client's mission, organization and objectives
- Manage day-to-day client interaction, identify needs, expectations, and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Develop lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties
Project Accounting and Finance
- Ownership and management of program financials. Work closely with project accountant to plan, monitor and forecast program revenue, costs, and gross profit
- Prepare priced level-of-effort T&M and FFP estimates for new BPA calls
- Forecast, monitor and approve team timesheets and expenses
Mythics is seeking an AppDynamics Monitoring Engineer & Administrator who will support AppDynamics monitoring systems.
- Support application monitoring for Java, .NET and NodeJS application architectures
- Monitor the responsiveness and availability of critical websites and web applications from the end-user perspective
- Monitor, alert and report on the health and performance of project team applications
- Track applications’ availability across cluster servers, including AWS cloud with built-in alerting and instant notification of issues
- Communicate changes and outages to appropriate stakeholders
- Ensure efficiency and conformity in operation through effective communication with all staff
- Participate in corporate continuous improvement initiatives to enhance client service, efficiency, and profitability
The MQ Lead/Architect will own the design, configuration/build and implementation of the IBM MQ messaging middleware and related components. Industry best practices as well as client standards shall be adhered to. This includes functional, security, performance, quality and operational requirements. Design must be robust and account for HA and DR.
- Configuration of queues and queue managers
- Automation of build and deploy of queue configuration
- Automation of stand up of IBM MQ clusters
- Patching and maintenance
- Supporting Application team troubleshooting
- Engaging Vendor as required for technical support
Mythics is seeking an Oracle Fusion Middleware (FMW) Consultant to provide architecture/analysis/design/administration of an Oracle FMW projects, specifically focused on Oracle SOA Suite, Service Bus, Web Services and XML technologies.
- Perform as-is and to-be architecture analysis and develop physical and logical architecture models for the SOA interfaces and middle tier environments
- Provide architecture, design and implementation consulting for information sharing environment utilizing modern Web Service tools, technologies, standards, and specifications – including Oracle SOA Suite and Service Bus 11g
- Establish and apply best practices, to ensure successful implementation of solution designs through collaborative project team communication, planning documentation, system testing, and defect resolution.
- Provide technical troubleshooting on complex issues requiring rapid resolution related to Oracle WebLogic Server, SOA Suite and Service Bus application environments
- Assist with the evaluation and implementation of new technology initiatives
- This position will include assisting in the evaluation and implementation of new technology initiatives, especially those relating to application development, application tuning and monitoring, service-oriented architecture (SOA), XML, Web Services and information sharing
- Manage day-to-day efforts toward project accomplishments
- Participate in project planning and project status communications