Mythics is seeking a DevOps engineer to develop and maintain automated systems used for development, testing, and deployment of various software components within an SDLC while adhering to current DevOps principals and methodologies, and providing support for a fast-paced software development team.
The ideal candidate will have implemented solutions that support business functionality, as well as the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy those solutions. Must have working knowledge and experience in the CI/CD realm. The DevOps Engineer must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be adaptive to the changing needs of the department and the organization. The DevOps Engineer must have experience with building and maintaining highly effective relationships with team members and multiple stakeholders across multiple projects.
This position requires on-call rotation.
• Must be a US Citizenship to obtain a CBP clearance; Full BI required prior to start
• At least 5 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience
• 2 years of experience working with containers and container environments such as Docker or Kubernetes
• Experience with revision code source code repositories in particular git and SVN
• Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, working knowledge of multiple tools sets, technologies and implementation environments
• Understanding of typical three tier enterprise application architectures
• Practical Linux based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud based environment
• Must be comfortable working in a mixed Windows/Linux environment
• Working knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
• Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins and Bamboo
• Experience as a DevOps engineer in a scalable production Cloud/DevOps environment
• Ability to self-manage assigned tasks and projects
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
• Experience with the Atlassian Suite, Sonar, and Nexus
• Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. selenium, JMeter)
• Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments
Experience with the following a plus:
• Experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, or similar scripting techniques
• Experience with Distributed Service Standards (SOAP, REST, EJB)
• Programming experience with Groovy a plus
• Linux scripting experience a plus
• Experience with ticket management tools such as Jira, Remedy, or ServiceNow
• Experience with artifact management tools such as Nexus or Artifactory
• Experience w/ static code inspection and analysis tools such as SonarQube
Why work at Mythics?
Because at Mythics, YOU count! At Mythics, we have an environment that fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values of Respect – Empathy – Excellence – Fun (REEF). Our REEF values are the foundation of everything we do.
Founded in 2000, Mythics is an award-winning Oracle systems integrator, consulting firm, managed services provider and elite Oracle platinum resale partner. Our business model is all about deep knowledge of Oracle technologies and business processes. We offer procurement and Oracle systems integration expertise across the full range of Oracle cloud, software, support, hardware, engineered systems, and appliances. It’s a focus that gives us the critical business experience and the Oracle technology advantage you need to succeed.
Mythics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. Mythics, Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, and has designed and agreed to implement an Affirmative Action Program in accordance with Executive Order 11246 and VEVRAA Final Rule. Mythics, Inc. is able to provide alternative methods of application for those who are unable to complete an online form. Please contact email@example.com to arrange reasonable accommodations. To read more about your rights, please visit the Department of Labor Disability Rights Fact Sheet here. For more information about Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination, please view the “EEO is the Law” Poster here.