The Incident Manager will have experience managing incidents in a Network Operations Center or equivalent 24x7x365 operations center supporting the resolution of Major Incidents for an enterprise or Government agency. This position supports evenings and weekend as needed.
1) Performs all functional duties independently.
2) Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
3) Monitor and support Incident management in production, development, and test environments in all data centers used by the client.
4) Provide a central point for coordination of incidents that arise in all environments. Establish and orchestrate bridge calls with emphasis on restoring service to users as quickly as possible, facilitate and troubleshoot toward resolution of incidents, and manage incidents to completion.
5) Coordinate, escalate, and/or resolve operational system/application/network events that have the potential of negatively impacting system and application availability to the user community.
6) Define and document metrics to judge efficiency and effectiveness of Incident Management Process. Examples: Mean Time to Repair, Mean Time Between Failures, Repeat Incidents
7) Create, update and maintain Standard Operating Procedures, Technical User Guides, Troubleshooting Guides, and Customer Contact Database. Conduct quarterly reviews of all documents.
8) Populate Knowledge Management Database with known troubleshooting procedures. Develop “lessons learned” on all escalated incidents.
9) Escalate incidents in accordance with established escalation procedures.
10) Report on previous business day’s Enterprise Operations Center call volume and SLAs to be incorporated into the CIO Morning Meeting report slides. Content may change as the Government reporting requirements change over time. Due daily by 7:30am.
11) Report monthly on outstanding tickets dependent on third party action. Report to include ticket, item awaiting action, third party, duration and if known estimated resolution time.
12) Proactively identifies opportunities for process and/or documentation improvement.
13) Supports the development of monthly Enterprise Operations Center reporting for SLAs and KPIs.
Why work at Mythics?
Because at Mythics, YOU count! At Mythics, we have an environment that fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values of Respect – Empathy – Excellence – Fun (REEF). Our REEF values are the foundation of everything we do.
Founded in 2000, Mythics is an award-winning Oracle systems integrator, consulting firm, managed services provider and elite Oracle platinum resale partner. Our business model is all about deep knowledge of Oracle technologies and business processes. We offer procurement and Oracle systems integration expertise across the full range of Oracle cloud, software, support, hardware, engineered systems, and appliances. It’s a focus that gives us the critical business experience and the Oracle technology advantage you need to succeed.
Mythics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. Mythics, Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, and has designed and agreed to implement an Affirmative Action Program in accordance with Executive Order 11246 and VEVRAA Final Rule. Mythics, Inc. is able to provide alternative methods of application for those who are unable to complete an online form. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange reasonable accommodations. To read more about your rights, please visit the Department of Labor Disability Rights Fact Sheet here. For more information about Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination, please view the “EEO is the Law” Poster here.