Mythics is seeking a DB2/SAP Administrator. The candidate will have experience demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of key tasks on a large high visibility IT program. This engineer will support the DB2/SAP Ops team in the administration, development, test, or of the DB/2 systems that support the ACE platforms, including designing, implementing and maintaining new databases, backup/recovery and configuration management and provide input for modification of procedures and documentation used for problem resolution and day-to-day maintenance.
This role supports efforts to accelerate development of automation scripts for deployment, configuration, security hardening and patch management of DB2/SAP service platforms using pre-developed automation assets. Optionally integrate with database virtualization tools such as Delphi to automate the migration of data across virtual infrastructure and reduce the time to deliver services for cross-environment data synchronization for testing
Utilize vendor scripting tools and processes, including but not limited to software distribution, backups, performance measurement, tuning, and license and asset management to allow automated as well as remote systems management of the server environment to reduce time to deliver services
Key Duties include:
1. Working with other teams to consolidate database instances and storage using capacity and performance analysis tools to identify underutilized instances, duplicate copies of data and identify associated server, network and storage resources that can be “right sized” in preparation for transition to new CoLo datacenter or hybrid cloud.
2. Working with the DB2/SAP Ops team in integrating, implementing, and operating DB2/SAP systems across the entire enterprise and with cloud service providers to support 24x7x365 availability.
3. Provide problem determination/analysis and isolate system problems utilizing diagnostic and system management tools (i.e. system dumps and system/component traces, monitoring tools, vendor problem data bases).
4. Maintain security hardened baseline configurations and deploy security (patches), software maintenance (patches) and new software releases and supporting products infrastructure as directed by the system owner, policy, or the Cybersecurity Directorate.
5. Maintain up-to-date documentation of all procedures, infrastructure diagrams, system configuration and baseline standards, implementation plans, system back out plans, system recovery plans, maintenance plans, system upgrades, and all system changes.
6. Support leadership in process, management and resolution of all event, warning, alert, as well as alarm messages. Contractor shall design and implement automated responses to system issues (e.g., automatic failover, resource allocation adjustments).
Experience in the following is preferred:
• Designing and building relational databases. Performing data access analysis design, and archive/recovery design and implementation
• Development of data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems
• Reviewing and development of object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access
Why work at Mythics?
Because at Mythics, YOU count! At Mythics, we have an environment that fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values of Respect – Empathy – Excellence – Fun (REEF). Our REEF values are the foundation of everything we do.
Founded in 2000, Mythics is an award-winning Oracle systems integrator, consulting firm, managed services provider and elite Oracle platinum resale partner. Our business model is all about deep knowledge of Oracle technologies and business processes. We offer procurement and Oracle systems integration expertise across the full range of Oracle cloud, software, support, hardware, engineered systems, and appliances. It’s a focus that gives us the critical business experience and the Oracle technology advantage you need to succeed.
Mythics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. Mythics, Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, and has designed and agreed to implement an Affirmative Action Program in accordance with Executive Order 11246 and VEVRAA Final Rule. Mythics, Inc. is able to provide alternative methods of application for those who are unable to complete an online form. Please contact email@example.com to arrange reasonable accommodations. To read more about your rights, please visit the Department of Labor Disability Rights Fact Sheet here. For more information about Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination, please view the “EEO is the Law” Poster here.