Mythics is seeking a DB2/SAP Administrator. The candidate will have experience demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of key tasks on a large high visibility IT program. This engineer will support the DB2/SAP Ops team in the administration, development, test, or of the DB/2 systems that support the ACE platforms, including designing, implementing and maintaining new databases, backup/recovery and configuration management and provide input for modification of procedures and documentation used for problem resolution and day-to-day maintenance.
This role supports efforts to accelerate development of automation scripts for deployment, configuration, security hardening and patch management of DB2/SAP service platforms using pre-developed automation assets. Optionally integrate with database virtualization tools such as Delphi to automate the migration of data across virtual infrastructure and reduce the time to deliver services for cross-environment data synchronization for testing
Utilize vendor scripting tools and processes, including but not limited to software distribution, backups, performance measurement, tuning, and license and asset management to allow automated as well as remote systems management of the server environment to reduce time to deliver services
Key Duties include:
1. Working with other teams to consolidate database instances and storage using capacity and performance analysis tools to identify underutilized instances, duplicate copies of data and identify associated server, network and storage resources that can be “right sized” in preparation for transition to new CoLo datacenter or hybrid cloud.
2. Working with the DB2/SAP Ops team in integrating, implementing, and operating DB2/SAP systems across the entire enterprise and with cloud service providers to support 24x7x365 availability.
3. Provide problem determination/analysis and isolate system problems utilizing diagnostic and system management tools (i.e. system dumps and system/component traces, monitoring tools, vendor problem data bases).
4. Maintain security hardened baseline configurations and deploy security (patches), software maintenance (patches) and new software releases and supporting products infrastructure as directed by the system owner, policy, or the Cybersecurity Directorate.
5. Maintain up-to-date documentation of all procedures, infrastructure diagrams, system configuration and baseline standards, implementation plans, system back out plans, system recovery plans, maintenance plans, system upgrades, and all system changes.
6. Support leadership in process, management and resolution of all event, warning, alert, as well as alarm messages. Contractor shall design and implement automated responses to system issues (e.g., automatic failover, resource allocation adjustments).
• 10 years of experience and a B.S. and M.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience and MS can be substituted with an additional 2 years of related experience.
• US Citizenship ot obtain a Public Trust Clearance
• 3 years’ production support work experience
• 3 years’ experience supporting the SAP application running on DB2
• 3 years’ experience supporting DB2 in open systems
• 2 years’ experience with Database high availability technologies (i.e. HADR, Data Sharing, TSA)
• 3 years’ experience with DBA support of Enterprise Resource Planning, Customer Relationship Management, Manufacturing Systems, Supply Chain Management, Supplier Relationship Management, or other relevant corporate systems
• 2 years’ in a regulated environment (SOX, FDA, etc.) subject to compliance controls
Experience in the following is preferred:
• Designing and building relational databases. Performing data access analysis design, and archive/recovery design and implementation
• Development of data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems
• Reviewing and development of object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access