Mythics is seeking a Database Administrator. The candidate will have a minimum 8 to 10 years of experience demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of key tasks on a large high visibility IT program
This role will lead the Database team in the Administration, development, test, or of the Database platforms supporting functions across one or more teams or clients, including designing, implementing and maintaining new databases, backup/recovery and configuration management. Install database management systems (DBMS) and provide input for modification of procedures and documentation used for problem resolution and day-to-day maintenance.
This role will lead efforts to accelerate development of automation scripts for deployment, configuration, security hardening and patch management of standard database and Web Service platforms using Accenture pre-developed automation assets. Optionally integrate with database virtualization tools such as Delphix to automate the migration of data across virtual infrastructure and reduce the time to deliver services for cross-environment data synchronization for testing
Utilize vendor scripting tools and processes, including but not limited to software distribution, backups, performance measurement, tuning, and license and asset management to allow automated as well as remote systems management of the server environment to reduce time to deliver services
Key Duties include:
- Working with other teams to consolidate database instances and storage using capacity and performance analysis tools to identify underutilized instances, duplicate copies of data and identify associated server, network and storage resources that can be “right sized” in preparation for transition to new CoLo datacenter or hybrid cloud.
- Evaluate utilization of Exadata systems workloads to determine the strategy for use and migration moving forward. Some consolidation of Exadatas is expected as the existing workload moves to more cloud-friendly, lighter weight database platforms readily available in all major cloud service provider environments.
- Explore licensing/hosting opportunities for Exadata within Oracle’s Cloud (assuming FedRamped) to leverage cost incentives for the high-density mission critical databases.
- Lead the database engineering team in integrating, implementing, and operating OIT Database systems (Datacom/DB, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle) across the entire enterprise and with cloud service providers to support 24x7x365 availability.
- Provide leadership in problem determination/analysis and isolate system problems utilizing diagnostic and system management tools (i.e. system dumps and system/component traces, monitoring tools, vendor problem data bases).
- Maintain security hardened baseline configurations and deploy security (patches), software maintenance (patches) and new software releases and supporting products infrastructure as directed by the system owner, policy, or the Cybersecurity Directorate.
- Lead the Engineering, integration, implementation, and operation of a virtualization strategy to include Database server consolidation, storage consolidation, and automation. Automation includes seamless Database provisioning, and non-disruptive workflow/application/data migrations.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of all procedures, infrastructure diagrams, system configuration and baseline standards, implementation plans, system back out plans, system recovery plans, maintenance plans, system upgrades, and all system changes.
- Provide leadership in process, management and resolution of all event, warning, alert, as well as alarm messages. Contractor shall design and implement automated responses to system issues (e.g., automatic failover, resource allocation adjustments).