Mythics is seeking several Windows Systems Administrators. The candidates must have experience demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of key tasks on a large high visibility IT program. performing administration and maintenance activities on various windows servers in use at the CBP, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to:
• Build, configure, monitor and maintain Unix based systems in a virtual environment
• Build, configure, monitor and maintain storage environments
• Provides tier 2 and 3 supports for escalations from Help Desk
• Knowledge and experience troubleshooting Linux and Unix based systems
• Participate in on-call rotations
• Must be able to support infrequent after hours and weekend escalations as needed (aside from on-call rotation)
• Optimize system operations and resource utilization as well as perform system capacity analysis and planning
Seeking an Compute Systems Lead. The candidate will have 5 years of experience demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of key tasks on a large high visibility IT program.
The Windows based systems Administrator is responsible for the technical direction, issues, architecture, technical integration and technical service levels. Define technical requirements & design to support defined business requirements, develop technical architecture components, participate in detailed design and code reviews, reviews system performance and consumption issues, review test plans, and provide technical guidance. Define and ensure adherence to architecture standards and ensures the proper technical design decisions are being made. Must be knowledgeable in the administration of Microsoft and Linux servers, VMware virtualization technologies. Duties will include:
• Working on high visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently.
• Providing leadership and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
• Possessing and applying a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. May supervise others.
• Providing system administration and operational support for server infrastructure, hypervisor, and Operating Systems. Contractor shall design and implement automated failover and automated recovery solution.
• Implement, and maintain an Automated Configuration Management, by using tools including but not limited to Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or other according to OIT direction to ensure consistent configurations on all server operating systems.
• Manage and monitor the performance, utilization of the various server resources, support the analysis as well as correction of all end-user computing and network problems that may be associated with server processing. Contractor shall design and implement automated resource management of virtual assets to include automated corrective actions for systems experiencing performance issues related to the technical stack from Operating System to Infrastructure (i.e., does not include middleware/Java/etc).
• Utilize tools and processes, including but not limited to software distribution, backups, performance measurement, tuning, license and asset management to allow automated as well as remote systems management of the server environment.
• Provide support to resolve incident, problem, or service requests that require subject matter expertise and cannot be resolved by the EOC. Task personnel shall provide final problem resolution.
• Work with EOC to implement automated preventative measures, proactive monitoring and system self-healing capabilities to limit outages/performance issues which impact service levels.
• Contribute to the Root Cause Analysis efforts when applicable.
• Coordinate with the designated government lead to establish an automated and on-demand capability for the reporting of Capacity/Performance to include the measurement and analysis of resource utilization and trends for both physical and virtual assets. Contractor shall also establish a dashboard for performance monitoring and resource utilization including Real-Time and Historical trends.
• Provide remote support for OS and standard software build installation activities as required to meet SLAs.
• Perform system or component configuration changes necessary to support Server Virtualization products.
• Provide and maintain security hardened baseline configurations (software) and deploy security (patches), software maintenance (patches) and new software releases across the Database and supporting products infrastructure
Why work at Mythics?
Because at Mythics, YOU count! At Mythics, we have an environment that fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values of Respect – Empathy – Excellence – Fun (REEF). Our REEF values are the foundation of everything we do.
Founded in 2000, Mythics is an award-winning Oracle systems integrator, consulting firm, managed services provider and elite Oracle platinum resale partner. Our business model is all about deep knowledge of Oracle technologies and business processes. We offer procurement and Oracle systems integration expertise across the full range of Oracle cloud, software, support, hardware, engineered systems, and appliances. It’s a focus that gives us the critical business experience and the Oracle technology advantage you need to succeed.
Mythics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. Mythics, Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, and has designed and agreed to implement an Affirmative Action Program in accordance with Executive Order 11246 and VEVRAA Final Rule. Mythics, Inc. is able to provide alternative methods of application for those who are unable to complete an online form. Please contact email@example.com to arrange reasonable accommodations. To read more about your rights, please visit the Department of Labor Disability Rights Fact Sheet here. For more information about Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination, please view the “EEO is the Law” Poster here.