Mythics is seeking a VMware Engineer. The candidate will have 5 years of experience demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of key tasks on a large high visibility IT program performing administration and maintenance activities on the VMware environment and systems in use at the CBP, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements.
The VMware Engineer/Administrator will provide administration to optimize the VMware environment for maximum uptime, system configuration, and accounting of system data. Support Recovery, Integrity, Availability, Scalability and Performance of the virtual infrastructure and related components.
• Apply high skill with commands, utilities and understand advanced aspects in the engineering and administration of VMware.
• Collaborate with the other server, SAN and application teams, identify operational characteristics, determining the presence of a problem, identifying possible solutions, selecting the most appropriate solution, and implementing that solution in a timely manner in accordance with Change Control Process.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; contribute to and maintain system standards, policies, and procedures
• Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting, system hardware, installation, firmware patching, and VMware software patching.
• Strong hands-on experience with vSphere systems administration and support including VMotion, HA, DRS, VDS, Affinity rules, vCenter, storage migrations, and P2V migrations
• Strong hands-on experience with vSphere problem determination, capacity planning and root cause analysis.
• Strong hands-on experience with vSphere Thin Provisioning, Resource Pools, Host Profiles, and 3rd party plug-ins.
• Strong hands-on experience with vSphere Standard and Distributed Switches.
• Experience with running administrative reports in VMware.
• Create and Maintain SOP’s and train junior staff as necessary.
• Responsible for the health of the production server infrastructure.
• Provide 24X7 support as needed.
• Experience with running administrative reports in using vRealize Operation Manager.
• Strong hands-on experience with HP rack mount and HP Blade servers.
• Experience working with vCenter server appliance 6.0 is plus.
• Experience working with VMware Platform Services Controller appliance in vSphere 6.0 is plus.
• Self-starter; able to manage multiple tasks efficiently for on-time delivery.
• Self-motivated; proactive; a team player; well spoken.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills and experience communicating with technical and non-technical audiences.
• Exceed expected quality of service on maintenance & deployment of upgrades, enhancements and modifications to systems.
• Work ticket queues and document resolutions completely and accurately.
• Follow best practices to adhere to enterprise architecture.
• Able to analyze alerts from various monitoring tools and take appropriate actions during troubleshooting.
Why work at Mythics?
Because at Mythics, YOU count! At Mythics, we have an environment that fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values of Respect – Empathy – Excellence – Fun (REEF). Our REEF values are the foundation of everything we do.
Founded in 2000, Mythics is an award-winning Oracle systems integrator, consulting firm, managed services provider and elite Oracle platinum resale partner. Our business model is all about deep knowledge of Oracle technologies and business processes. We offer procurement and Oracle systems integration expertise across the full range of Oracle cloud, software, support, hardware, engineered systems, and appliances. It’s a focus that gives us the critical business experience and the Oracle technology advantage you need to succeed.
Mythics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. Mythics, Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, and has designed and agreed to implement an Affirmative Action Program in accordance with Executive Order 11246 and VEVRAA Final Rule. Mythics, Inc. is able to provide alternative methods of application for those who are unable to complete an online form. Please contact email@example.com to arrange reasonable accommodations. To read more about your rights, please visit the Department of Labor Disability Rights Fact Sheet here. For more information about Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination, please view the “EEO is the Law” Poster here.