The Receptionist will be responsible handling a variety of administrative tasks, with primary responsibility for front desk reception duties and providing general office support to ensure the smooth operation of the Virginia Beach office. Tasks include greeting and handling visitors, answering incoming calls, meeting space calendaring, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies and food, as well as additional clerical duties in support of the operation of the office.
1. Greets and handles visitors to the office. Provides/collects visitor badges for security purposes. Directs or escorts visitors as appropriate to staff member or meeting rooms.
2. Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate associate. Transfers caller to an associate’s voice mailbox or take messages, whichever is appropriate.
3. Responds to requests for internal meeting rooms and reserves space on the calendaring system accordingly. Handles updates, changes and cancellations to office space calendar to ensure optimal use of the space.
4. Handles requests for food orders for meetings and special events (i.e. birthday cakes) and coordinates pick-up or delivery. Sets up the food items and checks for leftovers and cleanliness afterward.
5. Receives and sorts/forwards incoming mail, packages and boxes. Maintains and routes accordingly.
6. Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
7. Handles the inventory and ordering of office supplies, kitchen, first aid and food supplies.
8. Orders flowers, cards, gifts for special employee events such as weddings.
9. Receives internal requests for facilities/maintenance issues and escalates to supervisor.
10. Assists with internal office events such as holiday events, luncheons, and employee perk events in coordination with other teams.
11. Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent experience.
2. 1-2 year’s administrative/receptionist experience in a professional office environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Associate’s degree.
2. 2+ years’ experience providing administrative support in a corporate setting.
2. Communication Proficiency, written and verbal.
3. Collaboration Skills.
4. Customer/Client Focus.
5. Technical Capacity – MS Office skills, multi-phone line.
This is partially a sedentary role; however, some walking around the office is necessary to complete daily tasks. Office and kitchen supply stocking is required. This would require the ability to lift boxes, open cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Why work at Mythics?
Because at Mythics, YOU count! At Mythics, we have an environment that fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values of Respect – Empathy – Excellence – Fun (REEF). Our REEF values are the foundation of everything we do.
Founded in 2000, Mythics is an award-winning Oracle systems integrator, consulting firm, managed services provider and elite Oracle platinum resale partner. Our business model is all about deep knowledge of Oracle technologies and business processes. We offer procurement and Oracle systems integration expertise across the full range of Oracle cloud, software, support, hardware, engineered systems, and appliances. It’s a focus that gives us the critical business experience and the Oracle technology advantage you need to succeed.
Mythics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. Mythics, Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, and has designed and agreed to implement an Affirmative Action Program in accordance with Executive Order 11246 and VEVRAA Final Rule. Mythics, Inc. is able to provide alternative methods of application for those who are unable to complete an online form. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange reasonable accommodations. To read more about your rights, please visit the Department of Labor Disability Rights Fact Sheet here. For more information about Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination, please view the “EEO is the Law” Posterhere.